St. George’s, Bismarck
601 N 4th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501
The Rev. Patricia Eustis, Interim Rector
The first Episcopal worship in North Dakota was held in Bismarck in 1873. The present church facility was built in 1949, and features beautiful stained glass windows made from pieces of glass from English churches bombed during World War II. St. George’s is an active congregation of 375 baptized members with an average Sunday attendance of 130. Christian Education is a high priority with 50 children enrolled in Sunday School. Adult education opportunities are met in seven different study groups and small church communities in the parish. In addition to the rector and associate rector, the congregation has embraced total ministry as they have called forth a Canon 9 priest and a deacon. Outreach ministries include Habitat for Humanity, community food pantry, refugee resettlement, and the Bismarck-Mandan task force against racism.