St. Paul’s, White Shield

St. Paul’s
HC2 Box 175
Garrison, ND 585701
The Rev. W. Duane Fox, Priest

St. Paul’s was originally situated on a the wooded bottom land of the Missouri River north of Bismarck on the Fort Berthold Reservation. Construction of the Garrison Dam in the 1950s necessitated the move of the chapel to higher ground. The chapel was moved to a spot on higher ground overlooking Lake Sakawea and dedicated on October 15, 1953. Burned to ground in January, 1955, it was replaced the current building in June, 1957.